The Ombudsman is unable to look at complaints about financial services.

You should contact the following organisations which will be able to tell you how to take forward your complaint about financial services.

For banking, insurance and other financial products

Financial Ombudsman Service

The Financial Ombudsman Service seeks to settle individual disputes between consumers and businesses providing financial services including:

  • Banking;
  • Insurance;
  • Mortgages;
  • Pensions;
  • Savings and investments;
  • Credit cards and store cards;
  • Loans and credit;
  • Hire purchase and pawnbroking;
  • Money transfer;
  • Financial advice; or 
  • Stocks, shares, unit trusts and bonds.

The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

Tel: 0300 123 9123
Complaints form on the website: link opens in new window


The Pensions Advisory Service

The Pensions Advisory Service, is an independent non-profit organisation that provides free information, advice and guidance on the whole spectrum of pensions covering State, company, personal and stakeholder schemes.

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)
11 Belgrave Road

Tel: 0845 601 2923
Website: link opens in new window

The Pensions Ombudsman

The Pensions Ombudsman investigates and resolves complaints and disputes about the way that pension schemes are run. He will normally expect you to have asked TPAS for assistance before taking on your complaint.

Pensions Ombudsman
11 Belgrave Road

Tel: 020 7630 2200
Website: link opens in new window