The Ombudsman is unable to look at complaints about utility companies, for example the providers of gas, electricity and water.

You should contact the following organisations which will be able to tell you how to take forward your complaint about these services.

Adviceguide - Citizens Advice Bureau

Adviceguide website is the main online public information service of Citizens Advice and provides information about public rights on matters such as: benefits, housing and employment, and on debt, consumer and legal issues..

Website: link opens in new window

For gas and electricity

Ombudsman Services

Responsible for the Energy Ombudsman, Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman (Otelo), Surveyors Ombudsman Service and the Ombudsman for PRS for music.

Wilderspool Park
Greenall's Avenue
Cheshire WA4 6HL

Website: external link opens in new window

For water

Consumer Council for Water

Tel: 0845 039 2837
Website: link opens in new window

If you are unhappy with the handling of your complaint by the Consumer Council for Water it may be that the Ombudsman can look into your complaint. Please call our Helpline on 0345 015 4033 for further help and advice.