The Ombudsman is unable to look at complaints about the police.

However if you have been the victim of crime in England or Wales the Ombudsman may be able to consider your complaint under the Victims' Code.

You should contact the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC), which will be able to tell you how to take forward your complaint about the police in England and Wales.

Please note that the Police Investigations and Review Commissioner considers complaints about the Police in Scotland and that the Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland considers complaints about the Police in Northern Ireland. Please see below for their contact details.

Independent Police Complaints Commission

90 High Holborn

Tel: 08453 002 002
Email: enquiries@ipcc.gsi.gov.uk
Website: www.ipcc.gov.uk Open in new window

Police Investigations & Review Commissioner

Hamilton House
Hamilton Business Park
Caird Park
Hamilton ML3 0QA

Tel: 0808 178 5577
Email: enquiries@pirc.gsi.gov.uk
Website: www.pirc.scotland.gov.uk Open in new window

Police Ombudsman for Northern Ireland

New Cathedral Buildings
St Anne's Square
11 Church Street
Belfast BT1 1PG

Tel: 0845 6012931
Website: www.policeombudsman.org Open in new window