Our Quality Standards measure the quality of our casework decisions.
They ensure we take a consistent and robust approach to assuring quality and are benchmarked against:
- International Organization for Standardization ISO:9001 (2015)
- Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman Quality and Service Standards
- Scottish Public Services Ombudsman Service Standards
- Ombudsman Association Service Standards Framework.
We map our Quality Standards scores to our Service Charter scores. This means we are able to compare our quality scores with feedback from complainants and organisations we investigate. By analysing the differences between scores, we can identify areas that require improvement.
Our Quality Standards
- We take equal consideration of complainants’ and organisations we investigate’s accounts, statements and evidence.
- We evaluate all available evidence to make an impartial decision.
- We apply an appropriate standard when deciding if something went wrong.
- We explain how the clinical advice we have sought has been applied to the complaint.
- We provide clear rationales for our decisions.
- Our reports and decision letters contain an appropriate level of empathy.
Quality Standards scores
View results for: