We can look at the administrative actions of a court, but cannot look at the actions, conduct or decisions of judges. We are also unable to consider complaints about how judges are appointed.
To complain about:
- a court judge, contact the Judicial Conduct Investigations Office
- a tribunal judge, contact the president of the relevant tribunal.
- a magistrate, contact the advisory committee for the area the court is in.
To complain about the process for appointing a judge, contact:
- the Judicial Appointments and Conduct Ombudsman for appointments in England and Wales
- the Judicial Appointments Board for appointments in Scotland
- the Northern Ireland Judicial Appointments Commission for appointments in Northern Ireland.
If you are still not sure if we investigate a problem about a court, please ring us on 0345 015 4033 to discuss your case.