Making a complaint
To complain about a UK government organisation or the NHS in England you can:
- Visit our 'Making a complaint page' and click on 'Can we look into your complaint?'
- Call our Customer Helpline on 0345 015 4033 from 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, except bank holidays. Calls are charged at local or national rates.
- Send a text to our 'call back' service: 07624 813 005, with your name and mobile number.
- Feedback about our service
- Accounts payable - email Invoices@ombudsman.org.uk
- Freedom of Information (FOI) and subject access requests
- Human resources enquiries - email HRSharedServices@ombudsman.org.uk
- Making an enquiry to the Ombudsman
- Media enquiries - call 0300 061 4996 or visit our press office page
- Publication requests - email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our secure email service
We use an email encryption tool called Egress Switch to send and receive sensitive information. When we contact you about your complaint by email, there are some things you will need to know in order to read these emails. Find out more about how it works.
Calls to our helpline and press office are charged at the same rate as local and national calls and cost no more than a call to a landline number beginning 01 or 02. If you are calling from a mobile, please contact your provider for more information or visit Ofcom's website.
Call back service
If you would like us to call you back, please text 'call back' with your name and your mobile number to 07624 813 005. The text will be charged at your standard text rate. Standard text rates are set by your mobile network operator and charges may vary. Please check with your operator if you are not sure how much this text will cost.
We will acknowledge your text at no cost to you and call you back within one working day during our office hours, again at no cost to you.
We record telephone calls for training and monitoring purposes. We do not add recordings of telephone calls to case files. We store them for 30 days and after this, we delete the whole recording.
Special requirements, including BSL
If you use BSL, you can use our SignVideo service to talk to us.
If you have any special requirements for us to communicate with you, please let us know and we will make adjustments if we can. For example, we can use simple language or communicate using a signed video.