We publish regular data to help Parliament hold public services to account and help the organisations we investigate, regulators and others improve public services and the way they handle complaints.
Our data on NHS organisations in England
We produce quarterly reports on the number of complaints we receive for each acute NHS trust in England. View our reports on NHS organisations here.
Our data on UK government departments and public organisations
We publish an annual review of the UK government departments and some other UK public organisations that we investigate:
- Complaints about UK government departments and agencies, and some UK public organisations 2016-17 (PDF 521KB)
- Complaints about UK government departments and agencies, and some UK public organisations 2015-16 (PDF 1.8MB)
- Complaints about UK government departments and agencies, and some UK public organisations 2014-15 (PDF 1.7MB)
- The Parliamentary Ombudsman’s review of government complaint handling 2013 (PDF 1.8MB)
- Research into what people think about complaining
- Research with Non Executive Directors of UK government departments and public organisations (PDF 810KB)
We commissioned research to understand the role Non Executive Directors play in using complaints data to drive service improvement.