Financial services

​Unfortunately we cannot look at complaints about financial services. You should contact the following organisations for advice.

For banking, insurance and other financial products

The Financial Ombudsman Service exists to sort out disputes between consumers and financial services including:

  • banking
  • credit cards and store cards
  • financial advice
  • hire purchase and pawnbroking
  • insurance
  • loans and credit
  • money transfer
  • mortgages
  • pensions
  • savings and investments
  • stocks, shares, unit trusts and bonds.

You can phone them on 0300 123 9123 or email:


The Pensions Advisory Service gives free information and advice about workplace and personal pensions. You can phone them on 0845 601 2923 or email:

The Pensions Ombudsman investigates and resolves complaints and disputes about the way that pension schemes are run. They will normally expect you to have asked The Pensions Advisory Service for help first. You can phone them on 020 7630 2200 or email: