Our aim and vision is: to provide an independent, high quality complaint handling service that rights individual wrongs, drives improvements in public service and informs public policy.
Our values shape our behaviour, both as an organisation and as individuals, and incorporate the Ombudsman's Principles.
We pursue excellence in all that we do in order to provide the best possible service.
- We seek feedback to achieve learning and continuous improvement.
- We operate thorough and rigorous processes to reach sound, evidence-based judgments.
- We are committed to enabling and developing our people so that they can provide an excellent service.
We lead by example so that our work will have a positive impact.
- We set high standards for ourselves and others.
- We are an exemplar and provide expert advice in complaint handling.
- We share learning to achieve improvement.
We are open, honest and straightforward in all our dealings, and use time, money and resources effectively.
- We are consistent and transparent in our actions and decisions.
- We take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable for all that we do.
- We treat people fairly.
We value people and their diversity and strive to be inclusive.
- We respect others, regardless of personal differences.
- We listen to people to understand their needs and tailor our service accordingly.
- We promote equal access to our service for all members of the community.