As an advocate or advice worker, you give complainants invaluable support. Here are some ways you can help them make a complaint to us. This advice might also be helpful to you if you are a family member, friend or carer supporting someone with their complaint.
Tips and advice
Here are some key things to bear in mind when supporting somebody to make a complaint to us:
Here is some advice about what we look at when we first receive a complaint and the information we need to carry out these checks as quickly as possible:
- Can we investigate this organisation or issue?
- Has your client already complained to the organisation?
- When did the problem happen?
For detailed information about how we look into complaints, have a look at our step by step guides:
- How we look into complaints (PDF 195KB) - or take a look at our web page
- Step 1: What happens when you first contact us (PDF 298KB)
- Step 2: Deciding whether to investigate (PDF 257KB)
- Step 3: What happens when we investigate (PDF 107KB).