Gas, electricity and water

​Unfortunately we cannot look at complaints about utility companies, for example gas, electricity and water companies.

Please contact the following organisations which will be able to tell you how to take forward your complaint.

Citizens Advice

The Citizens Advice website provides information about dealing with problems with energy and water companies.

For gas and electricity

Ombudsman Services

Ombudsman Services are approved by the energy regulator Ofgem to handle disputes between energy companies and their customers.

For water

Consumer Council for Water

Please contact the Consumer Council for Water, which is the independent representative of household and business water consumers in England and Wales.

If you are unhappy with how the Consumer Council for Water has handled your complaint, we may be able to look into it. Please call our Helpline on 0345 015 4033 for help and advice.