​Unfortunately we cannot look at complaints about public or privately funded housing.

Local authority housing

If you want to complain about housing that is local authority funded, then you should complain to your local council first. If you are still unhappy when you get their response, you can take your complaint to:

Private housing

If you privately rent your property, you should first of all raise your complaint with your landlord or letting agency. If you are unable to reach an agreement on how to resolve your complaint, then your local council may be able to help you.

Letting agencies and property management companies must belong to a government approved scheme for dealing with complaints. There are two approved schemes. You should check which of these your landlord is covered by and contact them:

The Housing Ombudsman may also be able to help if you're a tenant or leaseholder and have a dispute with your landlord (if they are a social landlord or a voluntary member of their scheme).