Local councils

Unfortunately we cannot look at complaints about local councils.


You should contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) who will be able to tell you how best to take forward your complaint about council matters such as housing, planning, education and social care.


The Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) is the final stage for complaints about councils, the National Health Service, housing associations, colleges and universities, prisons, most water providers, the Scottish Government and its agencies and departments and most Scottish authorities.


The Public Services Ombudsman for Wales looks into complaints about public services and independent care providers in Wales. It can also investigate whether members of local government organisations have broken their authority's code of conduct.

Northern Ireland

The Northern Ireland Ombudsman deals with complaints about poor administration in Northern Ireland. They can also look into whether government departments and public organisations have applied rules wrongly.